Thursday, May 14, 2009

I found a Dragon...can I keep em, please please?

Here is what the kids and I found while driving home from school today.  He was being pursued by a rather large crow, but considering that he is rather large himself he didn't seem to be too perturbed by it.  I, of course, had to stop the car and check on the big lizard and sure enough it was a bearded dragon.  I grabbed him up, put him on my shoulder, finished a few errands I had to run and brought him home.  Then Alli, Laura, and their friend Lexi helped me get an old aquarium set up as a temporary home for him.  They especially liked feeding him and we got an action shot below of him enjoying his Romaine lettuce.  

I am assuming he is someone's pet that somehow got loose and am attempting to find the rightful owners which I hope is soon because he's way too big for the aquarium we have him in.  

Alli has gotten very attached already.  She convinced me that we needed to take him with us to Laura's soccer game tonight, has been very attentive to taking care of him, and had us move the cage next to her bed when she went to sleep.  She won't actually hold him, but has requested a leash so that she can take it on a walk. 




No comments: